Full 1080HD Movies
All Movies with Subtitles
Wide selection of TV Shows
PopCorn Time Review
One of the fastest-growing media applications currently on the market, PopCorn Time offers the user access to a wide selection of movies and TV Shows for free. Available for Mac, Windows, and Linux, PopCorn time allows the user to stream media directly to their computer, smartphone, or television from well-established torrenting sites. The application uses an interface similar to Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime, allowing you to select from lists of popular movies or search for what you want by name. The PopCorn Time application constantly searches the web for new torrents, so you can access the newest movies and television shows, even if they just aired.
PopCorn Time currently has a very large library of high definition movies and television shows to choose from. Unlike many other streaming applications, PopCorn Time has made watching movies as straightforward as possible. Simply select the movie you want to watch, and then pick your preferred quality option. The quality option is important because playback might become choppy if your computer can’t handle high-definition videos. After you select the video quality, simply click play and the movie will begin. You don’t have to wait for anything to download, because the movie streams directly to your device like a regular YouTube video.
How Does it Work?
PopCorn Time is a very interesting application, because it has a simple user interface, but the program uses a lot of sophisticated algorithms to bring you the newest movies and television shows. The application’s main screen is similar to the ones found in other video-streaming programs, so you won’t have to learn how to navigate a new interface. You can either sort through thumbnails of movie posters or search for a movie by name. After you find the movie you want, simply click on it and it will begin playing.
PopCorn Time comes with the same selection of movie and television shows as paid streaming services, except PopCorn Time doesn’t charge you anything. The application can offer free movies because it takes uploaded movies from other places on the Internet and streams it to your device directly. That way PopCorn Time doesn’t need to license the rights to distribute the media, which can cost many millions of dollars for the amount of movies that are available.
What is Torrenting?
PopCorn Time uses a system called torrenting to store, send, and display the requested media. Unfortunately, many people aren’t familiar with torrenting, so there’s been some confusion over how the application actually functions without requiring the user to download large video files. Torrenting is a form of person-to-person file sharing that’s used to transport large amount of data quickly. When you select a movie while using PopCorn Time, the application sends out a request for the data to be transferred to your system. The torrent file then connects to a network of other computers that have stored small sections of your movie on their hard drive and requests that the data is transferred to your device. The data is then streamed to your system and stored in your temporary memory. While you’re watching the movie you join the network and anyone requesting the same data will receive a piece of the data from your system. This is often referred to as seeding.
When you watch movies with PopCorn Time you become part of a large file-sharing network that serves everyone who uses the program. When you exit out of the application, the temporary files are deleted and you disconnect from the network. This way you don’t have to worry about PopCorn Time using your bandwidth or taking up all the space on your hard drive.
- PopCorn Time allows you to watch any movie or TV show as many times you want without any hidden fees or streaming costs. As long as you have a steady Internet connection that’s capable of streaming video, you can watch any movie in the PopCorn Time library
- The application updates its media library several times a day, which ensures that the user can watch the newest movies and TV shows. This also keeps the library full of high-quality videos because they can take down poor-quality torrents and replace them with HD files
- Unlike other video-streaming services, you won’t have to wait for the video to download. PopCorn Time allows you to instantly watch movies from a variety of devices. This helps to keep your hard drive from filling up, because movies can take up an enormous amount of space. This streaming feature also lets you watch movies on mobile devices without using up all your data from extensive downloads.
- PopCorn Time is available on Mac, PC, and Linux, so you can easily use the application on any device. Now you won’t have to run any special programs or download complex files to run PopCorn Time on your Mac or Linux-based system
- The application is also available on Chromecast, Android, iOS, and Roku, so you can stream movies directly to your television. This is a great option for anyone who doesn’t like to watch movies and other media on a small screen
- The application doesn’t work very well in some countries that have strict video copyright laws. There are several ways to get around these limitations, but they require the user to be tech savvy
- While there are a variety of video options on the majority of the movies, quite a few of them don’t have any subtitle options. This can be frustrating if you’re trying to watch a foreign film, or the version that you’re watching is dubbed in a different language. Most of the time, a quick search for a different torrent will offer a better video with subtitles, but that’s not always the case
If you’re looking for a quick and easy-to-use media-streaming application, PopCorn Time is an excellent option. As of September 2014 over 1.4 million devices have downloaded the PopCorn Time application, which makes it one of the most popular Torrent-based programs currently on the market. The system provides high-quality movies and TV shows for free without displaying annoying ads or limiting the amount of content you can watch. PopCorn time is a great program for anyone who wants to sit back, relax, and watch their favorite TV show after a long day.