See who you are talking to with free video calls
Chat with up to 100 people in group chats
Conference call with up to four people for free
Call ordinary phones with SkypeOut
Superior sound quality
Works with all firewall, NAT and routers ? nothing to configure!
Friends list shows you when your Skype friends are online and ready to talk or chat
Super-simple and easy to use
Your calls are encrypted “end-to-end” in order to safeguard your privacy
Based on cutting edge peer-to-peer technology developed by the creators of Kazaa and Joltid
Additional software may include toolbars, browser add-ons, game applications, anti-virus applications, and other types of applications. You are not required to install any additional software to receive your selected software. You can completely remove the program at any time in Windows’ Add/Remove Programs. At the time of downloading you accept the conditions of use and privacy policies stated by Softeclipse.
The download will be executed through a download manager that belongs to DomaIQ. The mentioned download manager doesn´t have any relationship with the author. It can be downloaded as well freely from the author’s website. Softeclipse aims to offer downloads free of viruses and malwares. The download manager is part of our virus and malware filtering system and certifies the file´s reliability. Additionally, the download manager offers the optional installation of a toolbar.
Internet connection (broadband is best, GPRS is not supported for voice calls, and results may vary on a satellite connection).
Speakers and microphone – built-in or separate.
A webcam, if you want to make video calls.
We also recommend that you have at least 400 MHz processor, 128 MB RAM and 15 MB free disk space on your hard drive.
The World With Skype
Popular and preeminent VoIP service Skype has wooed its fair share of people with an itch to ditch the landline and an Internet connection, especially those with international contacts. With its latest update to version 5, the company hopes to win over even more customers and keeping the current ones happy. Skype 5.0 features a streamlined interface, Facebok integration, and videoconferencing functionality.
First, Skype tackled the overall user experience of the software. The new Home page integrates a feed of mood messages from your contacts and yourself, and it offers a variety of tutorials to help you use the various features of the service, from making a video call to signing up for a subscription. The company also aimed to simplify the overall interface in order to make calling, messaging, screen sharing, and file transferring more intuitive and easier to navigate. In addition, the contact search screen now features images and mood messages and offers real-time results.
Skype is also offering a new group-video-calling feature. According to company data, about 40 percent of all Skype-to-Skype minutes were used on video calling. The logical step was to provide a feature that allowed users to chat with more than just one other person. Anyone who downloads version 5 will have a chance to test out the new functionality for free, though it will be a paid extra down the line.
The videoconferencing feature offers a few viewing options. One is the typical side-by-side screen with participants lined up in equal sizes. Then there’s the more interesting dynamic view, which increases the size of the person doing most of the talking at any given moment. We got to check this out in a live demo and can see how it would be particularly useful for business calls.
The group video screen also prominently displays the relevant controls along the bottom, as well as a meter that measures call quality. Skype has added a call quality manager that gauges audio and video quality during calls. Automatic call recovery is another new feature that helps users quickly reconnect calls that are interrupted because of Internet connection problems.
Last but not least, Skype now has Facebook integrated seamlessly into the interface. A tab along the top of the screen will take you into your news feed, where you can update your status as well as start Skype calls with various contacts.
Are you considering using Skype for your home business? When it comes to communication for business, Skype is a tool you just can’t do without. It has a variety of impressive and useful features that allow you to check in with your business partners, send files, make international calls, and hold video conferences with potential clients.
This tool is extremely popular among entrepreneurs and small business owners. In fact, on February 27, 2012, 34 million Skype users were reported to be online, using the service at the same time.
There aren’t many individuals who are able to get the most out of Skype, though. Many home business owners just don’t realize how useful this service can be or how much time it can save them with their day-to-day work. If you are thinking of using Skype for your business, understanding its best features, using a quality handfree headset, and knowing a few simple tips and tricks can help you use Skype to its full potential.
How to Use Skype for Your Home Business
Using Skype with your home business can be very helpful, if you know what you are doing. Here are a few tips to get you started.
- Screen Share – One of the best features Skype has to offer is its screen sharing program. This allows you to show your employees, customers, and business partners exactly what is on your screen as you are speaking to them. This is an easy way to give presentations, assist remote employees with any issues they are having, or even show your client how much of his project you have completed.
- Skype Extras – If you have ever worked with online applications like WordPress, you know what a plug-in is. Skype has them too, but they are known as extras. These extras can be downloaded right to your computer, and there is an app for almost everything. With these extras, you can play games, obtain voicemail for your Skype, record Skype calls, and integrate Microsoft Outlook.
- Call Forwarding – So, you finally decided to step out for a short break and a visit to your local Starbucks. Wouldn’t you know that this would be the exact time a client you have been trying to reel in for months decides to call? If you aren’t by your computer, what happens? If you have set up call forwarding on your Skype, the phone call comes straight to your mobile phone, and you won’t have to worry about missing that all-important phone call.
- Use Skype Hands Free – Because Skype is a online application, you can easily connect your handsfree headset to your computer and use with Skype. This means, you can chat with an employee or business partner while you look through your file cabinet or run into the next room for the document you left on the kitchen counter.
- Skype as Customer Service – You may be wary about placing your Skype username directly on your business website. After all, you don’t want some hacker to get a hold of it and ruin your new home-based company. With Skype, though, you don’t have to. You can allow customers to contact you with their questions by placing a Skype button on your site. Users simply have to click the button if they have a problem or question, and you don’t have to share your username with the world.
Skype is a tool that no home-based business or small business should be without. Share files, hold a video conference, use you handsfree headset for better communication, and improve your customer service with this essential and invaluable tool.
Another thing that makes skype so popular and user friendly, is it’s theme. If you ever notice on the Internet now in days, you’ll see that online companies are adding bright and vibrant to attract users to it’s website or service. Of course this is nothing new, many online companies are doing that right? well if you really look close enough, you’ll begin to see that many very successful online social networks and online companies are focusing in on very bright and friendly colors. This of course invites people to these sites and online communications. Many of the old school networks, and communications, were very gloomy, and not really appealing, so if you’re thinking about starting your own online communications method or social network make sure it’s very bright and user friendly.
Another reason why they’re so popular, has to do with how simple there company name is. “skype” When you say the word “Skype” you’ll first see that it’s not as hard to pronounce, and it’s very marketable. It bounces around the phonological lube, and it stays there. At times when think about the Internet, or communicating on the Internet, your mind will consciously pick up the word skype, with you really knowing, it happens because of the word and how easy it is to pronounce.
Last but not least, Skype allows you to contact make calls to landline phones, but in order for you to do that with skype, you’ll need to be involved with Skype’s pay service. They charge you about 2 cents per minute and if you really like skypes program and you’re tired of paying for your cell phone or what ever the case may be, you can join skypes unlimited program which is about $3 per month for calls in the U.S. and Canada. If you’re thinking about using this service for business uses to call internationally, then skype is a must have program.